MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Photography Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #85 (permalink)
IIGQ4U
Amateur

IIGQ4U Is Destined For GreatnessIIGQ4U Is Destined For GreatnessIIGQ4U Is Destined For GreatnessIIGQ4U Is Destined For GreatnessIIGQ4U Is Destined For GreatnessIIGQ4U Is Destined For GreatnessIIGQ4U Is Destined For GreatnessIIGQ4U Is Destined For GreatnessIIGQ4U Is Destined For GreatnessIIGQ4U Is Destined For GreatnessIIGQ4U Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
Pics are kind of big so I'll hide them under the spoiler tag so it won't take up too much space.
JDS vs CC

Vitor vs Ace

Efrian vs Cole

Story vs Foster

Tyson Griffin vs Franca

I have a hard time with lighting with this camera when doing action shots. Had problems at UFC event and any night game I went to. But again I never messed with any setting and I don't know how. I have hundreds more at home from each event, but these are the few I have access to while here at work.
Pics aren't bad.

What kind of camera are you using?

A setting like this is where a full frame/35mm camera is beneficial. You will want an ISO of probably 1000 (Possibly a little more), and and a shutter duration of 1/500 to 1/1000 of a second (or higher) if you can get away with it. The shutter duration you use will depend on how close you are to the action (Closer requires a shorter shutter duration).

Fast prime lenses with low f stops f1.4-2.0 will help a lot. If you use a good zoom, its lowest f stop will be f2.8 which is also good and should also work well since the UFC events always have very good lighting.

Lastly, I would recommend that you correct your white balance. Your third photo appears to have the most accurate white balance, all of the others are too yellow.

Here are a couple of my most recent MMA pics:

IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote