Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

IMO UFC 154 Main Card is Pretty Weak

5K views 44 replies 25 participants last post by  GriffinFanKY 
#1 ·
I get what the Ufc is doing. They have thier cash cow with GSP so they don't need to put alot of big names etc.. But I was just looking over some of the fights on the main card and they don't even make sense.

How is Lawlor still getting a Pay per View Main Card??? He has lost 3 of his last 5 fights.

Nick Ring Vs CP??? Really.. Thats's a total mismatch

Mark Hominick...Love the guy But He's been getting beat down like a street whore his last 3 fights... No way he should be on a Main card.. I mean No way... Most people get cut after 3 straight losses.. He gets a main card Pay-Per-View????

So basically We only get 2 good fights
GSP v Condit
Martin V Hendricks

I know alot of you stream the fights illegaly, but I have morales and actually pay for everything I watch....

#42 ·
I'm looking forward to Dos Anjos vs. Bocek the most. This fight shouldn't be a prelim at all. Both guys are very talented lightweights that have improved a lot since they first came to the UFC.

#45 ·
The card as a whole isn't the worst card I've seen (UFC 147) but I think if they moved fights around it would make it a card that people would pay for. I might be in the minority but I agree with moving Bocek vs Dos Anjos on the main card but I think they have 2 other fights that they could move and make it better which would be Sakara vs Cote and Makdessi vs Stout both sure to be wars and interesting fights with Cote probably fighting to keep his job and Stout trying to put his last abysmal performance behind him. Overall I like the card as a whole but the PPV card leaves alot to be desired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.