MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IMO UFC 154 Main Card is Pretty Weak

View Single Post

Old 11-04-2012, 01:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
duckyou666
Flyweight

duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666
Yes, any fight that doesn't have a big name fighter on it is a weak fight on a weak card! The best fights are from the fighters that nobody knows or are fighting for their spot in the UFC.

Carmont/Lawlor. Carmont is an exciting prospect who is itching to rise up in the rankings. I look for him to put on a great performance. Lawlor, he's lost 3 or his last 5, and despite winning 2 of his last 3, he has to feel a sense of urgency to keep his job. If/when he loses, he's going down swinging. I look for him to fight like his life depends on it, cuz it may. Overall, I look for that fight to be very good.

Ring/Philippou. Ring has won 3 or his 4 UFC appearances. Costa has won 4 of his 5 fights. Both very talented prospects who deserve a chance to become known. I see this fight being exciting as both fighters should feel the need to become better well known.

Hominick/Garza. Mark has lost his last 3. Pablo has lost 2 in a row. Both fighters have to go batshit crazy and make this fight exciting. Win or lose, these know they have to put on a show or they are in danger of receiving their walking papers. And both fighters can be exciting fighters. This fight should be a barn burner.

Sure, there are only 2, maybe 3 name fighters on this card, but you're an idiot if you use that as evidence as the card being weak.
duckyou666 is offline   Reply With Quote