MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IMO UFC 154 Main Card is Pretty Weak
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 02:35 AM
Yes, any fight that doesn't have a big name fighter on it is a weak fight on a weak card! The best fights are from the fighters that nobody knows or are fighting for their spot in the UFC.

Carmont/Lawlor. Carmont is an exciting prospect who is itching to rise up in the rankings. I look for him to put on a great performance. Lawlor, he's lost 3 or his last 5, and despite winning 2 of his last 3, he has to feel a sense of urgency to keep his job. If/when he loses, he's going down swinging. I look for him to fight like his life depends on it, cuz it may. Overall, I look for that fight to be very good.

Ring/Philippou. Ring has won 3 or his 4 UFC appearances. Costa has won 4 of his 5 fights. Both very talented prospects who deserve a chance to become known. I see this fight being exciting as both fighters should feel the need to become better well known.

Hominick/Garza. Mark has lost his last 3. Pablo has lost 2 in a row. Both fighters have to go batshit crazy and make this fight exciting. Win or lose, these know they have to put on a show or they are in danger of receiving their walking papers. And both fighters can be exciting fighters. This fight should be a barn burner.

Sure, there are only 2, maybe 3 name fighters on this card, but you're an idiot if you use that as evidence as the card being weak.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome