MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IMO UFC 154 Main Card is Pretty Weak

View Single Post

Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #31 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Banned

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Then don't buy it, don't stream it, do what i do for all "meh" cards ... Watch at the bar.

Although the main and co main alone are good enough me to consider buying it. I mean yeah the rest of the card is garbage, but really compared to most of the crap that's been served up as main event this year, at least it's an exciting one. I loves me some gsp and condit is a tough tough dude.
To each their own. I never am thinking this before a GSP fight.

On a side note: it is annoying when people say "what do you want just a bunch of names? Best fights are sometimes the least known fighters!"

Well no kidding. You can't tell how good the fights will be before the card starts. Why get excited about a "stacked" card then because it "could" be a bunch of crappy fights. Name value and relevant fights are all you have to base it on before the event starts. The World Series of Fighting had a few good fights tonight...but that was free. Mark Hominick is irrelevant and should be on a small show...yet he is on the main card of a 60 dollar PPV? Tom Lawler? Nick Ring? Sure they could all be good scraps. But they are irrelevant. I could go down to the local bar at 2AM and watch a decent scrap between drunk idiots...doesn't mean it is PPV worthy.

I realize Carmont is a decent prospect. I really like Costas and am a fan of his. But their opponents are below average UFC fighters. Between Hominick and Garza they are on a 5 fight losing streak...and that makes PPV????

Never understood the people that defend every single card. As if it is not ok to say a card is bad. As if Dana has us brainwashed that well. It is MMA....I will watch. But I won't sit and act like it is a good looking card.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote