Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Anderson Silva wants 50% of the UFC to fight Jon Jones.

6K views 48 replies 27 participants last post by  TheNinja 
#1 ·
"The question (about facing Jones) would have to be made to Dana White. Let's ask if he'll give me 50% of the UFC. If he will, maybe this fight will happen."

The article noted that Anderson has two fights remaining on his contract, and he said that he has many outside interests that he wants to get going with:

"I have personal projects outside of the UFC and want to put them in practice. I'm opening my own martial arts academy in LA. I want to do my thing, take some air, spend time with the family. I have more to do than take punches to the face.

Just ******* say you dont want to fight the guy.... no need to make stupid comments. You are not getting 50% of the UFC for a fight. I know he isnt serious but its a real dumb way to say i wont fight Jones. Or who the **** knows maybe he is serious. I never know with Anderson... 1 day he wants to retire soon the next day he wants to fight another 5 years and the day after he seems willing to fight Jones and the day after the after day he wants 50% of the UFC to fight him.

Interesting that he has 2 fights left on his contract. I personally believe the next contract he signs will be his last before he retires. Im hoping its a 6 fight contract atleast. Would be wonderful if it was an 8 fight contract or something. Also i cant wait to see his disclosed pay for his next contract. He should IMO be the top paid fighter in the UFC and GSP the second. But i dont decide such things... ) :

#6 ·
I just lost a ton of respect for him. As sideways said, just say you don't want to fight him. We all know the UFC would never accept such a ridiculous request.

EDIT: This is as bad, if not worst than M1 globals request lol.

#15 ·
after what happened (is happening) with mayweather not fighting pac (or vice versa) i cant be ar5ed with another will he/wont he fight going on in the UFC....

may & pac have killed boxing intrest off for a lot of people, the on going saga just pi55ed to many people off... these 2either fight or they dont, none of this cr4p!

#21 ·
You're aware Jones isn't actually picking middleweights to fight, right? It's not like he's going down to 185 and beating them up, they're coming to him.

#20 ·
The title makes it look like he wants half the fighters in the UFC to fight Jones.

Now that's a superfight.

Also, for the bajillionth time, it's line that was both translated and taken out of context. Getting worked up over a line taken from an interview in Portuguese that was taken out of context and blown out of proportion is for retards.

#35 ·
Didnt he recently have an interview that was somewhat singing a different tune??? Or did i imagine that....

Jones probably isn't in any position to turn down any more fights after he cancelled a card the last time he did it, I think that whole situation lies on Dana and the match makers, Dana is the one who acted like a child and punished Henderson for getting injured(which is beyond ludicrous) and Machida for not wanting to fight Jones on short notice for the second time, which is equally as baffling.

The only people the UFC are hurting is themselves because mainstream media and sponsors won't look at them seriously, but it's like I said, these Middleweights are working hard, putting in the time but the Middleweight Champ has no interest in defending the belt so why is he allowed to keep it and clog up a division, when quite a few of the divisions are being held up due to injuries.

Naw its not ludicrous. Dana needs to make a point that fighters cant be injured for 3-4 weeks and wait till the last week to pull out. And other then Chaels report i havent seen anything saying that the Doctors didnt let him fight. More so that the doctors told him he shouldn't fight. But either way if you have a injury that you shouldn't be going in to the octagon with then you let Dana know of that ASAP so he can start looking for a replacement in case you pull out. Alot of people on this forum still live in fairy tale land so they wont understand this.

#26 ·
Why is everyone so up in arms over this? I think you guys are taking him way too serious. If you got asked the same question about 20 times a day for probably close to a year now, wouldn't you start to have a little fun with the answer?

That is how I am taking the response, he wasn't being serious, just finally decided to answer it with a sense of humor.

#33 · (Edited)
I never said he has never been tested to mean he hasn't fought good fighters. I meant he hasn't been close to being in trouble other than Belfort's armbar.

I happen to believe LHW gets overrated. Shogun is a huge name, but is not the same. Rampage is basically retired and hasn't KO'd anyone since UFC 92 in 2008. Vitor was a 185er...not even a top 3 MW really. Machida is a tough out for anyone and still in his physical prime. That was a good win. But again, Machida is a glorified 185er. He would probably move down if ANderson wasn't the champion there.

Jones IS the best LHW on the planet. By far. He probably WILL go to HW at some point in the next 2 years. That is WHY I would like to see him fight guys who have done well at 205 and who have upside. Sonnen is a mouth with wrestling. But not good enough wrestling to take Jones down at will.

I understand the whole money angle. That is why they are doing this. I just find it funny that Jones says who is worthy..Machida and Cormier weren't/aren't according to him. But while he may not of said Sonnen is worthy...he was worthy enough to accept the fight. After he said he wouldn't let Chael snake his way in. Jones flip flops every month. And to say Machida/Cormier aren't worthy is a joke when he is doing a reality with Chael getting a shot.

Some fighters are hurt or have been. They aren't agreeing to fight undeserving smaller weight fighters and telling 205ers or undefeated HWs that they are not worthy. Or is it a direct example of how sad the 205 division is? So sad that they have to bring in Belfort and Sonnen to fight for the title. Guys who were finished at 185 by Anderson.

#34 ·
Jones probably isn't in any position to turn down any more fights after he cancelled a card the last time he did it, I think that whole situation lies on Dana and the match makers, Dana is the one who acted like a child and punished Henderson for getting injured(which is beyond ludicrous) and Machida for not wanting to fight Jones on short notice for the second time, which is equally as baffling.

The only people the UFC are hurting is themselves because mainstream media and sponsors won't look at them seriously, but it's like I said, these Middleweights are working hard, putting in the time but the Middleweight Champ has no interest in defending the belt so why is he allowed to keep it and clog up a division, when quite a few of the divisions are being held up due to injuries.

#40 ·
Just ******* say you dont want to fight the guy.... no need to make stupid comments.
:
He's been saying that a lot, and right from the beginning. Now that he keep getting asked the same stupid question over and over he is answering it with some humor.

Here's just one example, Dana said this:

I think the Jon Jones fight is a big fight.
“I know my man says ‘no, no, no’ to Jon Jones, but the amount of money that will be offered for that fight, he will say ‘yes, yes, yes.’ “
Andersons reaction while Dana said this:

He's been saying he doesn't want this fight from the beginning.

He's humoring the dim-witted media, the internet trolls and his dunce of a boss, who is basically a glorified troll with rich friends.
This.

#45 ·
call me a dreamer but i'm hoping it's part of some twisted 'strategy' to get JBJ's confidence up disproportionately. Hearing this type of sh*t does wonders for Jones' confidence: "even the Spider's scared to fight me. i AM the greatest, i will rule the hw division too motherfuc*ers" type of thing.

when the situation has been hyped to its breaking point, Anderson will accept the fight, teach the kid a lesson he'll never forget, and walk off with a few more millions in his pocket, ready to face whatever new adventure he has planned for the rest of his life.

i would love something along these lines to be how it goes down ... ;)

#48 ·
Anderson fights legit top 5 185ers. True vets like franklin. Okami. Vitor. Hendo. And straight made them look foolish. Like they didnt even belong. He made forrest, a man that not only hung in with page and shogun, but beat both. A man anderson made look like an amatuer. One of the silliest fights ever.

If hendo, shogun, rashad wAnted to cut off their flab and fight at 185 Anderson would make them look stupid too.

So add forrest to my list. A man that beat 2 of the guys jones did on his "special" run. A man that could do Nothing vs Anderson.

#49 ·
No sense trying to debate with Legion... He's nothing but a Troll band wagon fan. He Loves Machida one minute... oh wait he lost... Then he loves Chael...But then He lost... Then he loves Carlos becasue he outsmarted Diaz.. Any guess what his avater is going to be in couple weeks when GSP smashes him... I actually find it funny people get a rise out of this hillbilly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.