MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Eddie Alvarez released by Bellator, but they still hold matching rights

View Single Post

Old 11-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I was looking at the current fights scheduled. Looks like the UFC doesn't have many options out there for Eddie right now. The only 2 realistic options I see is Eddie vs Maynard or some kind of 1 fight deal with Eddie vs Gilbert Melendez. With Diaz-Bendo, Showtime-Cowboy and Aldo-Edgar booked up, I don't see them putting Eddie vs someone like Wiman, Miller or Johnson.
Winner of Maynard/Lauzon? That's if they wanna throw him in right away with the big dogs, which he's certainly capable of hanging with, but I wouldn't do that. Personally, I would start him out slow and give him a showcase fight after that indescribable garbage Lombard showed us in his debut. I'd take no chance in having another big signing from Bellator come in and look like absolute garbage.

Either way, if the UFC puts in PPV money, and he accepts Bellator has no possible way of matching that since they don't do PPV.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote