MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Eddie Alvarez released by Bellator, but they still hold matching rights

View Single Post

Old 11-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Winner of Maynard/Lauzon? That's if they wanna throw him in right away with the big dogs, which he's certainly capable of hanging with, but I wouldn't do that. Personally, I would start him out slow and give him a showcase fight after that indescribable garbage Lombard showed us in his debut. I'd take no chance in having another big signing from Bellator come in and look like absolute garbage.

Either way, if the UFC puts in PPV money, and he accepts Bellator has no possible way of matching that since they don't do PPV.
I strongly disagree. They are going to have to pay him very well to get him. You can't risk him losing to some middle of the pack guy or even an up and comer like Michael Johnson or someone like that. Considering his current world ranking and the money it will cost to land Eddie IMO he should be given a #1 contender fight or close to it right from the beginning. Lombard isn't the only one to blame for that shit fight, Timmy B shoulders much of the blame for his gameplan during that fight, which I personally scored in favor of Lombard.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote