MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Eddie Alvarez released by Bellator, but they still hold matching rights

View Single Post

Old 11-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I strongly disagree. They are going to have to pay him very well to get him. You can't risk him losing to some middle of the pack guy or even an up and comer like Michael Johnson or someone like that. Considering his current world ranking and the money it will cost to land Eddie IMO he should be given a #1 contender fight or close to it right from the beginning. Lombard isn't the only one to blame for that shit fight, Timmy B shoulders much of the blame for his gameplan during that fight, which I personally scored in favor of Lombard.
Lombard was being hyped up as the man to fight Silva, everyone expected him to come in, lay Boetsch out in brutal fashion and they would do then hype up his big undefeated streak and the way he won those fights vs. Anderson. Lombard came in and he laid a huge egg and he's not the only man to do this, Jake Shields has yet to turn in a good performance and probably would have lost to Martin Kampmann back in his debut, had Kampmann not fought like a jackass and tried to grapple with him, so the UFC 'jitters' may be a real thing and Alvarez might succumb to those.

I would love to see Alvarez vs. Miller, I think that's a great fight and it's a winnable fight for him too since I don't think Jim Miller's that great, the problem with Alvarez is while all his fights are exciting he always ends up getting rocked so I don't see him being Champ because Maynard, Pettis, and Cerrone would probably polish him off but he is a legit top ten guy and should be paid accordingly. The upside to being with the UFC is far greater than Bellator, with the possibility of fighting on FOX and big name sponsors and what not.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote