MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Eddie Alvarez released by Bellator, but they still hold matching rights

View Single Post

Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Lombard was being hyped up as the man to fight Silva, everyone expected him to come in, lay Boetsch out in brutal fashion and they would do then hype up his big undefeated streak and the way he won those fights vs. Anderson. Lombard came in and he laid a huge egg and he's not the only man to do this, Jake Shields has yet to turn in a good performance and probably would have lost to Martin Kampmann back in his debut, had Kampmann not fought like a jackass and tried to grapple with him, so the UFC 'jitters' may be a real thing and Alvarez might succumb to those.

I would love to see Alvarez vs. Miller, I think that's a great fight and it's a winnable fight for him too since I don't think Jim Miller's that great, the problem with Alvarez is while all his fights are exciting he always ends up getting rocked so I don't see him being Champ because Maynard, Pettis, and Cerrone would probably polish him off but he is a legit top ten guy and should be paid accordingly. The upside to being with the UFC is far greater than Bellator, with the possibility of fighting on FOX and big name sponsors and what not.
Ohh man I disagree big time. IMO I'd rather see Showtime vs Eddie for a #1 contender fight and let Cowboy take on someone else. IMO that is what SHOULD happen. But it probably won't. Miller has the name but isn't he coming off a loss? Eddie wouldn't have alot to gain in that fight IMO other then getting his octagon debut out of the way.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote