MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who would you rather see Eddie Alvarez fight?

View Single Post

Old 11-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
Guida is a cancer to the sport. Seeing if he can out point someone based on the current flawed system should not be the key factor in determining a fighters worth. The fact that he even forced a SD vs Maynard should make all MMA fans weep. It's extremely sad that a performance like that can even approach winning. I would say beating Gray Maynard would be a better way to see if he is the elite fighter most think he has been for years now.
So one bad fight is all it takes for you? Guida has given us plenty of wars, the guy has no quit in him. He has played with the top dogs and perspective top dogs and given them all a fight. I doubt you would ever hear any of them say 'My easiest fight in the UFC was against Clay Guida'.

I also never said Clay Guida was an elite fighter, just if you can't beat him you can't hang with them. Clay is what he is, a very legit gate-keeper. Clay would be a great barometer for how Eddie will do against UFC LWs.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote