Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

If the UFC Held a HoF only Open Weight Tourney...

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  St.Paul Guy 
#1 · (Edited)
If the UFC held an open weight tournament consisting only of people that are in the Hall Of Fame right now, who would win?

Current HoFers:

Royce Gracie
Ken Shamrock
Dan Severn
Randy Couture
Mark Coleman
Chuck Liddell
Matt Hughes
Tito Ortiz

My brackets: Royce vs Ken: Winner - Royce
Dan Severn vs Mark Coleman: Winner- Coleman
Randy Couture vs Matt Hughes: WInner- Randy Couture (split decision)
Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz: Winner- Chuck Liddell

Rd 2: Royce Gracie vs Chuck Liddell: Winner- Chuck Liddell
Randy Couture vs Mark Coleman: Winner- Randy Couture

Finals: Randy Couture vs Chuck Liddell:
Winner and Ultimate Hall of Fame Champion- Randy "The Natural" Couture.

How would you line up your brackets and who do you think would win?

PS. Will a mod plz make a poll? I dont know how.

See less See more
#6 ·
With Matt Hughes it really depends on the draw, I think he Couture, and maybe Mark Coleman are still in real fighting shape. I would take Hughes over Liddell, Ortiz, Shamrock and Gracie.

Rd 1 would likely be split by weight not age or likely rankings

Dan Severn (HW) vs Randy Couture (HW)Couture via TKO 2
Mark Coleman(LHW) vs Chuck Liddell (LHW) Coleman via TKO 1
Royce Gracie (MW) vs Matt Hughes (WW) Hughes via arm bar
Tito Ortiz(LHW/MW) vs Ken Shamrock (LHW/MW) Ortiz via TKO 2

Rd 2
Couture vs Coleman Couture Dec
Hughes vs Ortiz Hughes TKO

Rd 3
Couture vs Hughes Couture TKO 1

Now if you go by how they would likely be ranked
Randy Couture(1) vs Ken Shamrock(8)
Mark Coleman (2) vs Royce Gracie (7)
Matt Hughes (3) vs Dan Severn (6)
Tito Ortiz (4) vs Chuck Liddell (5)

Then I would see it Couture, Coleman, Severn, Liddell
and then Couture, Coleman and then Couture.

#7 ·
How do you not pick Liddell? He knocked out Randy twice and Tito. Then you have Coleman who is a one dimensional wrestler the kind of guy Chuck loved to head hunt. Then you are left with who as a threat to the Iceman? Hughes? to small, Gracie? to small and not a snowballs chance in hell of getting his hands on Chuck. Severn? A lesser wrestler than the ones he has already beat with a lesser chance of a finish. Lets be honest outside the guys Liddell has already beaten (Ortiz and Couture) Mask has has just as much of a chance of beating the Iceman as any of the other guys.

#8 ·
I wouldn't pick Chuck now because I'm going by fighters in their current condition. Chuck's chin is gone, Tito's midsection is a mess, and Ken is just a mess so unless they draw each other in a matchup I would pick against them.

I think Coleman is still in fighting shape, and he was fairly competitive on his way out, better than some of the others.

#13 ·
I asked a bunch of fighters and mma personalities on twitter this question. Ive gotten 2 answers so far. Big John said "Got 2 B between Chuck or Randy". Renzo Gracie said "I would burn a fuse in my head if I try it" I guess he meant it would be way too difficult to do the MMAth on this. lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.