MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Tyrone Spong

Thread: Tyrone Spong
View Single Post

Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
Melvin ain't scared of no one, even if they did beat him before. He would be confident and coming for the kill until he got KTFO cold, which would be mucho, mucho entertaining!

Who cares if he can beat Hunt? Maybe he can do to Hunt what Melvin did to Hunt? Or maybe Hunt takes em all and dishes out the KO? I do know one thing, it would entertain everyone that saw it....FOREVER!
Yah it would be K-1 level striking on display as Hunt is a former champ.

Manhoef is definitely a beast, but if you watch that fight...Tyrone was hunting him down the entire three rounds while Manhoef was trying to counter, it wasn't a bad showing at all...but it showed how much better his striking was. Also showed how confident he is with his striking. Problem is once he gets taken down it could change the whole dynamic in a flash. But that's just it...if his grappling skils was the equivalent of his striking then he would be champ like Anderson Silva. Til then I predict more K-1 fighters will cross over; Petrosyan, Ghita, maybe even Buakaw etc. It's about time. Wayyy too many BJJ and wrestlers coming in. The sport needs more elite strikers to balance it out.

On another note I believe these fighters understand what it takes to be good at a certain craft that's why they're training diligently at a gym before they make that step into the MMA arena. If Tyrone can't win in the smaller orgs then what's the point. Even if he did win and got a contract with Zuffa, you know the UFC will match em against Phil Davis, Griffin, or Lil Nog. If they want a barn burner then Rampage, Shogun, Hendo, Cyrile, Te Huna, Pokrajac, would put on a show.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote