MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who is a fighter that if they improved one skill could be an elite fighter?

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackManRising View Post
BJ Penn.. all he needs is cardio. Most skilled fighter. To me he's top 5 p4p, if he could actually get/stay in shape.
It's true, but cardio isn't really a skill. It's more about genetics, training, and will power. He's never really had issues with conditioning at 155. His best performance was against Diego Sanchez for all five rounds and we all know he's a cardio freak. At 170lbs he gasses out badly.

Maia is definitely a good one, but I'll go with Phil Davis. If Phil's striking was above average he could challenge the throne. Unfortunately I do not believe he possesses the necessary skills to do so not even in another three to five years. By then there will be new upcoming fighters with more complete skill sets entering the organization.

Oh Brock...I don't think there will ever be a rookie that can do what he did. He was able to overcome the experience disparity by sheer RAW POWER. I still do not consider him a true MMA fighter, but he beat some pretty solid fighters with a ton of experience under their belts; Mir, Herring, Randy, and Carwin. In fact if Brock mastered only one (BJJ or striking) he could have been quite formidable. He already was with his grappling and rudimentary striking. An anomaly.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is online now   Reply With Quote