MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Video - Fighters react to Bonnar and Hermans drug tests

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ape City
It's a league game, Smokey

Ape City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings System
Lol Rampage is so bitter. "Idon't follow MMA". His opinion was logical at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
funny thing is I disagree with them when they say marijuana isn't a performance enhancing drug. I smoke weed all the time and go to the gym and I can workout way harder and way longer when I'm high by a significant factor, it's easier to regulate your bodies rhythms and ignore the voice that tells you to quit when you are high so you can get more energy out.

It's why guys like Nick Diaz can train for triathlons, so I can definitely understand why it's a restricted drug. Put me in a fitness training contest with someone who doesn't smoke and I already have a huge advantage, it doesn't work like that for everyone but for some people it does and it creates an unfair advantage when it helps the person train. Some would say it wrecks your cardio and slows your mind, which isn't true if you are an active person. Weed tends to make some people lazy, but if it doesn't then it's unfair. Sure it wouldn't be best to smoke up before a fight because it can slow your reaction time, but in training it helps a lot.
I'm not gonna say this does not work for you, because I truly believe it does. But the big difference between marijuana and a PED is that PED enhance baseline physical performance, and marijuana does not.

Perhaps the THC affects you mentally in a way that helps you block out your body telling you to quit and you can push yourself harder, but that isn't the way it affects everyone, in fact I would argue that most people feel heightened sensation to pain and lack of motivation.

When I personally smoke weed, which I do very often, it makes me very relaxed. So much so that if a friend slaps me or gives me a Charlie horse I almost always have a "waking up" sensation in which my relaxation is shattered and the pain feels shocking and more intense. On top of that I have very little motivation to do anything physical when I smoke weed. I would much rather curl up with a beer and some pizza. The only time I can muster up the motivation to pick up some weights is when I have not been smoking weed.

Anyways, the point is that, unlike most PEDs, the affect of marijuana on your brain (ie motivation levels, pain levels etc) is a personal thing. I would much rather drink a huge coffee and go pound the weights than smoke a joint. Maybe you are the opposite. The fact is it isn't a consistent affect.