MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP too small for Silva?

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
420atalon
Heavyweight

420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness
GSP too small for Silva?

This has been brought up a lot lately and even though I am leaning towards Silva more now then I used to it is not because of size. I have even seen it said that GSP is a mediocre size WW. Compared to who? Rumble Johnson???

Here are a couple clips some people should watch regarding GSP's size.

GSP training with Evans, very slight size difference.

GSP wrestling 6'4 245 lb NHL fighter George Laraque

Yes Silva would have a height and slight reach advantage but he is not going to have any more of a substantial size advantage over GSP then he has had over many of his previous MW opponents.

GSP has great takedowns and wrestling, Sonnen may be a little stronger but GSP does a much better job setting up takedowns. GSP also has some of the best jabs and striking of any fighter Silva has fought.

As mentioned I am still leaning towards Silva now that he has become a destructive force again. His striking is a step above everyone elses in the UFC and he has great finishing ability. That all said I still hope to see this fight in the near future. Hopefully after GSP dismantles Condit.

Just throwing some fuel on the fire and beating the already dead horse .
420atalon is offline   Reply With Quote