MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - RUMOR: Michael Bisping vs. Vitor Belfort at UFC 156

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #129 (permalink)
Canadian Psycho
You're Welcome.

Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazh View Post
Bisping isn't going to "keep Vitor down" nor play with his guard in any way shape or form, he will look to posture up, maybe even stand up, push his legs to the side and lands punches ala Denis Kang.

This is the key to Bisping winning, i think standing for 3/5 rounds is too much of a risk, the chances of being KO'd are big i admit this. You guys can ******* hate Bisping all you want that shit is absolutely cool with me, but he is not a stupid fighter and i can't imagine Bisping would stand for any longer than he deems it necessary.

Bisping is not an elite college wrestler, but he is becoming an elite MMA wrestler; pretty ******* hard to keep off you after mixing his game up and even harder to get down.

I like that people are writing Bisping off, it's about time he was an underdog anyway, but for me this is an immensly close fight, maybe even as close to 50/50 as it gets.
Relax, sport. No one is writing Bisping off entirely. Any fighter can win on any given night. I just find it questionable that you're putting so much faith in his wrestling ability. First things first, Bisping is not becoming an 'elite' MMA wrestler. He's still very much a novice. Outwrestling Brian Stann is not a credential, especially when 90% of this board slams Stann's atrocious TDD. I admire Bisping's wanting to better his game, and I'll admit that his wrestling has indeed gotten much better. But he is far from elite. I'd call him a work in progress.

Secondly, you're forgetting just how strong Vitor Belfort is. Here's a big, strong MW who bucked off and withstood essentially a HW's wrestling in Anthony Johnson. And Anthony Johnson is a pretty damn good wrestler to begin with. I just find it funny that despite that, some believe that Bisping is going to come in and wallop Vitor with wrestling and ground and pound. I'd be willing to bet that Belfort doesn't get taken down once.

And lol... right... it's about time Bisping was the underdog. Lord knows that's never happened before.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote