MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP too small for Silva?

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
PheelGoodInc
American Fighter

PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I agree with this. People get out of shape weight and cut weight mixed up. Anderson at 220 is pudgy and fat. He lets himself get like that. He doesn't base his body off muscle, he is very lean. When he isn't fighting he lets himself get fat, I have seen pictures having that fat Rumble Johnson face going on.

GSP at 193 still is ripped and looks like a short football player. Anderson at 215-220 looks like a lankier Fedor. Plump.

I don't think Silva walks around at 202 exactly. But I have no explanation as to why he came in at 202. No one that has to cut weight comes in more than a lb under, there is no reason too. Perhaps 205 is so easy for him to make he was shedding the last lb or 2 and 4 or 5 accidentally came off. Or the scales in the back were off. Who knows, but there is no logical reason he came in at 202 on purpose.
This used to happen all the time to me in wrestling. You cut hard to get to the weight. Sometimes you reach the weight an hour or two before weigh ins, and your body is still burning from the weight cut prior to getting on the scale. Sometimes I would be 2-3 pounds under after a hard cut.

Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is online now   Reply With Quote