MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who is a fighter that if they improved one skill could be an elite fighter?

View Single Post

Old 11-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #38 (permalink)
dlxrevolution
Lightweight

dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I don't think it's even close. Sure AJ has the power advantage but GSP has much, much better technique and footwork. Not to mention GSP has the speed advantage and more diverse striking. Not just that but GSP would use that speed and footwork to jab the crap out of AJ and mix it in with take downs. If it was a 5 round fight at 170 then AJ would have to finish GSP early or he would be dominated in the later rounds. Even if Kos wasn't allowed to sub AJ he could still control him with his better grappling, speed and cardio.
GSP does have the technique advantage, but he's really not that much better. Speed advantage?...no. And GSP does not have the kicking power the Anthony Johnson has. Maybe GSP's striking arsonal is more diverse, however he no longer uses all of his tools. Anthony also has the reach advantage, so jabbing wouldn't be has easy. Takedowns wouldn't come easily either, however, I do think wrestling would still be his biggest advantage. For GSP to effeciently win the fight, he would have to take (sub defense)AJ down for all five rounds, and I honestly think Johnson has the raw power to end the fight before it goes to a decision. Remember, GSP chin is still questionable.

Last edited by dlxrevolution : 11-07-2012 at 03:54 PM.
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote