MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Silva is attending UFC 154.

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Voiceless
Welterweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
I have to agree with him though. Every finish is more impressive than any decision in my opinion even if the guy who wins gets beaten on for 24 minutes. If you don't finish, you failed the objective of the fight. It's like sex without orgasms. Still pretty damn fun but you're not really satisfied afterwards.
I disagree even though I'm absolutely in favor for finishes. But in my opinion not every finish is more impressive than any decision. A lot of finishes are lucky shots with one or both fighters swinging for the fences and one strike luckily hits the right spot. Relying on luck doesn't impress me that much, in those cases I find St. Pierre's sheer dominance more impressive. A different thing are finishes were the fighter really is aware of the fighting situation, in control of the situation or at least of himself and consciously puts the other guy away (i.e. Anderson Silva, submission wins generally).