MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who is a fighter that if they improved one skill could be an elite fighter?

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #48 (permalink)
dlxrevolution
Lightweight

dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
AJ.. isnt that the guy Koscheck outstruck?? LOL
You must be joking. In what way did Koscheck out strike Johnson? It's not like Koscheck was winning the stand-up and just decided that "Welp, I'm just gonna take him down". He was getting rocked, and he needed to get takedowns in order to expose Johnsons weakness, otherwise, he was probably going to get KO'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I highly disagree. GSP is much, much quicker then AJ in just about every way possible. He certainly snaps that jab out there much faster and is plenty fast enough to negate a 2 inch reach disadvantage. AJ has the power to end the fight but if he were fighting GSP he would be winded after round 1 and too slow to even come close to being able to KO GSP after that. I don't think the fight would even be remotely comptetive. GSP would do anything and everything he wanted to do and AJ wouldn't be able to stop it. Especially if he were cutting down to 170, after getting put on his back one time all his hopes would be over. By the end of the fight GSP would be running circles around AJ.
As much as I'm with you on GSP, I think you're highly underrating Johnsons stand-up. If that fight ever comes to fruition, we'll see what happens, but it this point we'll just have to agree to disagree.
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote