MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who is a fighter that if they improved one skill could be an elite fighter?

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #54 (permalink)
BOMDC
Flyweight

BOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
You must be joking. In what way did Koscheck out strike Johnson? It's not like Koscheck was winning the stand-up and just decided that "Welp, I'm just gonna take him down". He was getting rocked, and he needed to get takedowns in order to expose Johnsons weakness, otherwise, he was probably going to get KO'd.

As much as I'm with you on GSP, I think you're highly underrating Johnsons stand-up. If that fight ever comes to fruition, we'll see what happens, but it this point we'll just have to agree to disagree.

He might be, but you are way overrating AJ's striking from a technical standpoint. AJ has good/decent MMA striking and some well timed power shots but from a technical standpoint it isn't even close. He's always fought smaller guys and I have a feeling if he stays at 205 and fights guys the same size with some good striking and equal power, he will look quite mediocre. I'm a fan of his and he's a crazy athlete, but not what I would refer to as a technical striker.

GSP vs AJ on the feet is not even a discussion it's so absurd. GSP would control the distance the whole fight and tool AJ while minimizing risk of getting hit by a HK or hook. That's not even mentioning the ridiculous size difference of their weight classes.
BOMDC is offline   Reply With Quote