MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dan Henderson says he'll face Lyoto Machida at UFC 156

View Single Post

Old 11-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
News to me, I was under the impression they were 1-1. When did they overturn the main event of UFC 104 when Machida got a hard fight win?

This isn't gun-shy coming off his first loss by KO Machida, what's Hendo gonna do? Rush him and stay in his face? Yeah, like he has the cardio or speed to do to Machida.

His game plan has become terribly obvious over the last fews, inside leg kick/over hand right. It works for him so it's not like you can criticize him, but to think it'll work on potentially the fastest light heavyweight out there, one of the most tactical fighters in the history is asinine. He has nothing to really threaten Machida with other than that or pull a Rampage and put him up against the cage and try to hold him there for dear life.

Henderson will run into a knee or a stiff punch, and his pattern of getting dropped will continue but this time, he won't get up. If Shogun would actually do something besides desperation heel hooks he could probably have subbed Hendo, if Machida gets him down he'll go for something and it should be noted, only three men have finished Henderson, Big Nog, Lil' Nog, and Anderson Silva, all three are training partners of Machida so Machida definitely has some good insight going into this one, add in the fact he's faster, maybe even stronger at this point of the game, and better technically it's gonna be a real tough haul for Hendo to over come.

Dan is great but this a nightmare match up for him.
I'm not saying Dan will win. I too agree it isn't the best matchup for him.

Just had to spaz out for a minute when a guy says Hendo is a hype train. Makes no sense. Then he acts like he was "slow" vs. Shogun. When it was one of the biggest beatdowns I have seen to start a fight. He just gassed...because he is 41 years old and goes 100mph till he gasses.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote