MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dan Henderson says he'll face Lyoto Machida at UFC 156

View Single Post

Old 11-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Rauno
HiiiPoWeR

Rauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
Machida will (T)KO Henderson, you heard it here first. Hendo is a big hype job, yes he was a very good MW but he is not a great LHW. He looked sloppy and slow against Shogun and barely won because Shogun is back to his old poor-cardio Mark Coleman version of himself, and he beat Fedor when he was shot and lost to Jake Shields of all people.
A technical, elite LHW like Machida will expose the hype job that Hendo is at LHW. My 2 cents.
If you're going that way then you can say that Jones is a hype job as well. Page, and Shogun aren't what they used to be, Belfort is a MW, Bader really isn't a top guy.

He was tagging Shogun all over that fight and Shoguns cardio wasn't even the issue there. Dan gassed out after going hard for 3 rounds and lost those two rounds, because Shogun had more in the tank.

If anything then Dan is underrated. A lot of ppl talk about his predictable overhand right but a few can actually avoid it. Clearly he's doing sth right. Hendo has a chance in that fight for sure. The way i see it Hendo will keep walking forward trying to plant that overhand and Machida will try to counter him with his accuracy. While Machida can hurt him coming in (like he did against Bader but let's be real here.. Hendo took a huge cross from Feijao and took Feijao down a few seconds later), i don't see Hendo losing other than gassing out.