MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - WSoF 1 Gate + Attendance + TV numbers.

View Single Post

Old 11-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
WSoF 1 Gate + Attendance + TV numbers.

Quote:
The Nevada State Athletic Commission on Friday released the gate and attendance figures for World Series of Fighting’s inaugural event that took place on Nov. 3 at the Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas.

A total of 1,499 tickets were sold with gate receipts totaling $82,608.22, according to NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer.

The event, “Arlovski vs. Cole,” aired live on the NBC Sports Network to an audience of 198,000 viewers.

Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski TKO’d Strikeforce veteran Devin Cole in the opening round of the main event, while Anthony “Rumble” Johnson added a stunning knockout win to his growing light heavyweight resume on the undercard.

The start-up organization handed out 4,076 complimentary tickets to the 10-fight event.

I cant say i have much knowledge in this stuff. Its obviously silly to compare these numbers to the numbers the UFC pulls. But im curious if someone more knowledgeable in this department can shed some info on how they did?? Taking in account how much they paid out the fighters. Which wasnt too much but it was fair (Imo).

So for this being their first show are these numbers average or bad or ????

Or should Arlovski, Anthony, Torres, have brought in more viewers to an unknown organization then it did???

I do know that WSoF was talked about somewhat which is something iv never seen for a new organization. So thats good atleast.
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote