MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dan Henderson says he'll face Lyoto Machida at UFC 156

View Single Post

Old 11-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
SM33
SPEED KILLS

SM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I could defiantly see that being the case if he does finish him. It will probably be a submission. But in a 3 round fight I doubt it. Hendo won't gas that bad.

Plus who is going to the ground? I doubt either of them really try for TDs. Hendo defiantly won't. Machida may if he gets hit in the face a couple times. Both guys believe they can win the fight by striking.
Hendo is going to be in Lyoto's grill all night, but he doesn't have the speed or stamina to do it well. I think Lyoto will stun him with punches late first/early second round, then clinch and trip him. Dive on a choke or armbar immediately.

Machida looked amazing against Bader, he's made some changes and the way he moved was scary. He wants to be impressive and I don't think he'll settle for outpointing Hendo.

Hendo is a GREAT fighter despite his age, he can brawl with anyone. At this point in time Machida is just an awful match up for him.