MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #81 (permalink)
Sports_Nerd
Featherweight

Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
I haven't forgotten how the fight went. Le obviously took the aforementioned two rounds, but I'd not call his final few seconds going at it with Wanderlei anything other than destruction. And while I agree that Le gassed terribly, I'd like to give Silva a shred of credit for bringing a fairly ferocious pace.

T'was just a bit of MMA math for shits and giggles, lads. Nothing more.
I wasn't speaking of you specifically, though admittedly that really wasn't clear from my post. But fans in general, not just of MMA, tend to have a recall bias when it comes to athletes they support.

I mean, Le obviously wasn't getting the credit he deserved before this fight, and I think one of the reasons for that is that Wanderlei's successful flurry against a gassed Le outshines the two rounds Le spent picking Wandy apart earlier in most fans' memories.

But it is in fact those two rounds that give a more accurate indication of Le's level of skill.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote