MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ronda Rousey officially joins the UFC - SF closing in January.

View Single Post

Old 11-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #78 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKO View Post
Jeez, I hate it when one claims that others are not a "real fight fan" just because they don't have the viewpoint. Why can't they understand that WMMA is not everyones' cup of tea?

For me, I would prefer that Strikeforce becomes a WMMA organisation. Build up the talent there, bring over some Invicta competitors or something. When the division is deep enough, integrate UFC and Strikeforce. I'm sure with more finishes and just a higher skill level in general, people would be more open to the idea of WMMA in UFC.
Because it goes farther than Women's MMA.

The 145 lb, 135 lb, and 125 lb fighters are the best athletes in MMA, they're the most technical, the most skilled, and the fastest fighters out there.

But most MMA fans don't care about skill or talent, they just care about who can knock who out or who can choke who out the fastest. I truly can't understand why people criticize over size or gender. All you need to do is look at the reaction to Condit/Diaz, they expect people to just go in and trade with wreckless abandon as opposed to use skill and a gameplan.

9/27/14
LL is offline   Reply With Quote