MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bisping Wants Interim Title Fight vs. Belfort If Anderson Silva Goes on Break

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
At this point man he's done everything he needs to do. So yah if he wants to take a break and let others fill in the interim belt so be it. He beat a game opponent while injured, took on a rematch with a two year build up, defended his belt against an opponent which he got DQed against six years prior, defended against arguably the most deadliest 185 striker (The Phenom) next to himself, and attempted to save two UFC shows. Then put on one of the most brilliant performances in the Octagon against an opponent who has NEVER been finished (not counting cuts/doctor's stoppage) before in his ENTIRE career. That's a lot on a champions' plate. At this point marquee fights are what make sense and contenders who have earned their shot not like Thales Leites or Weidman. Belcher, Bisping, and Weidman with a few more wins will be next in line. Even though Luke Rockhold is the SF champ he's not even in the top five in the UFC.
Interesting future match ups.
- Gegard Mousassi
- Hector Lombard if he can string together impressive wins.

Til then we can only enjoy watching re-runs.

Here's more on this ---> http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/11/1...-interim-title

At this point, it's safe to say only Anderson Silva actually knows what Anderson Silva wants.

No one expected him to step up on short-notice to try and save two different UFC events, but yet that's exactly what he did. Meanwhile everyone expected him to challenge a victorious Georges St-Pierre at UFC 154 -- Dana White even went out of his way to let us all know it was going to happen -- and now, apparently, we all look silly for believing that.

"I'm on vacation from fighting," Silva casually revealed to SporTV (translation via The UG). "I think I will return only in the end of the next year. I have personal projects ongoing. Tomorrow I'm embarking to Los Angeles to attend the arrangements of the academy we're setting up there.

"If the UFC wants to make an interim bout while I'm gone, it's up to them. I don't know if it will have any meaning but they can do whatever they want. I'm in a comfort zone, so I'm not worried about it."

Of course, it wasn't long before perennial close-but-not-quite contender Michael Bisping caught wind of what was going on.

"[Dana White], if Anderson wants to take time off to be a movie star, make me and Vitor for the interim title?" Bisping quickly proposed on Twitter.

At the time of this writing, White had yet to respond. But if Silva hopes to take a year off and return in late-2013 with a superfight against St-Pierre, essentially holding his own division hostage for over a year, I'm sure White will have something to say on the subject.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote