Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Anthony Perosh suffers horrific toe injury. Out of UFC on FX 6.

3K views 30 replies 26 participants last post by  TheGreg 
#1 ·
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
Sweet Moses. RT @adamireland1 @AnthonyPerosh out of #ufconfx6 clash with Beltran after sustaining a horrific broken toe.

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING.
Reminds me of Miguel Torres's student. Gruesome. Wish him a speedy recovery!

#7 ·
I doubt it...

He most likely went for a leg kick and ended up hitting the guys knee and it just broke off. Gotta hit something pretty solid with that and I doubt it was a head kick because most fighters are aware of how to do that without getting your toe broke, not to mention being stuck in the cage.

#20 ·
Or

Greg Jackson: If it hurts, keep kicking him with it and it'll go numb.

Full of useful advice ol' Greg!

#30 · (Edited)
I remember reading a thread on Sherdog a while back by an Australian guy who went to a gym over there and was shocked by how bad it was and how insanely over-crowded it was.

He wouldn't name the trainer but said he was surprised because the guy was a big name and had fought in the UFC. Then another guy chimed in and said from this description I can pretty much tell you all he's talking about Perosh's gym.

Now, I'm pretty sure Perosh gets some alone time to train in his own gym, but this thread just made me remember that story. Now, of course, it being Sherdog the thread just became a bunch of 14 year olds calling the guy a ***** for not 'manning up' or whatever, but I still thought it was a pretty interesting story.

Edit: found it

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/awful-experience-top-notch-mma-school-2089819/

If this is a problem posting this here let me know and I'll edit it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.