MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Official Poker Lounge On Strategy And Tactics

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckbox View Post
I like this lounge. I think I'll go for the red stuffed armchair over there in the corner and stay for a while.

CO: $8.65
BTN: $11.00
SB: $10.36
Hero (BB): $10.00
UTG: $15.51

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Ac Ah

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, SB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.90, fold

Flop: ($2.30, 2 players) 6s 5d 4c
SB bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60

Turn: ($5.50, 2 players) 2c
SB bets $2.60, Hero raises to $7.40 and is all-in, SB calls $4.80

River: ($20.30, 2 players) 2h

SB shows Td Tc (Two Pair, Tens and Twos) (Pre 19%, Flop 11%, Turn 9%)
Hero shows Ac Ah (Two Pair, Aces and Twos) (Pre 81%, Flop 89%, Turn 91%)
Hero wins $19.39

I think my line here with AA is pretty optimal for a number of reasons and the way the board ran out was perfect for me.
Welcome to the official poker lounge. *Lights up a Monte Cristo cigar.*

Yah there's many way to play rockets. I like your flat call, although I probably would have re-raised on the flop, but at the end of the day if you win the pot that's all that matters. I actually decided to slow roll with Aces the other day and take out three players simultaneously. Needless to say it backfired...haha! Learned that from Phil Gordon's Little Green Book for advanced play. Most people try to isolate, I do but depending on the situation I may try to get a few more callers even though it decreases my chances significantly. Then again I like to live dangerously.

I like mixing it up from time to time deviating from the standard lines. Think that's one of the main reasons why the pro gamers have been playing PLO.

A new book I'm reading is by Jonathan Duhamel about his 2010 WSOP Main Event win. Pretty informative.

PS: I just got rockets while writing this in a tourney...lolz! Ran into a straight flush...haha!

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote