MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Just some thoughts about MMA strikers and wrestlers.

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnsidious View Post
I know what you're saying, and I agree, but I'm not sure the Le/Franklin fight is the best example. I still think Franklin wins that fight 4/5 times, he just got caught.
I don't agree with anything the OP said.

Maybe Franklin does win 4/5 times. He wins 0/5 times using the same strategy though. A vet like Rich gave a ***** leg kick (to Cung Le of all people) and then raised his chin into the air as if to say "here you go!". It was an amateur move by Rich, who knows better.

If he came in 5 times with his chin exposed like that he would lose 5 times.

Cung is a KO artist and lifetime striker. There was nothing random about that. He saw his chin sitting there, he threw a hard punch, he landed, Rich went down. He probably trains automatic right hand after a leg kick to that side every day of his life.

As for the OP...Cung Le as a big underdog at 40 years old, just had the biggest win of his career. The first UFC event ever in China...and you want him to be less ecstatic about it? Very odd.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote