MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Georges St-Pierre vs. Carlos Condit Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #63 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckbox View Post
Whats the general consensus on where GSP is gonna want to take this fight? Strike with Condit or take him down?
My thoughts are GSP will start off standing and it will depend on how the striking trades goes if he stays there. If Condit starts lighting him up, or if it is too slow paced and he isn't sure he is winning the round he will take it down. I also think if Condit targets that knee with a few kicks it may encourage GSP to take it down as well.

I think this fight will look a lot like his second fight with Kos. If there is no reason to go to the ground then he won't. I also think his knee will be on his mind. If he is going to wreck his knee on accident it will be during an explosive take down.

Also, if Condit wants to be some sort of mad genius he should be practicing leg locks. I can very easily imagine GSP tapping a little too quick to a leg lock for fear of being out for over a year again, a la Tim Sylvia in his fight against Arlovski.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote