MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Overeem vs Silva expected at UFC 156

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I mean whatever, Bigfoot called him out.

But makes little sense really. Reem was getting a title shot and failed a test.

Meanwhile, Bigfoot lost to 2 guys brutally. 2 men who were much smaller, tooled him on the feet and on the ground in Cain's case. He then faces the GREAT Travis Browne, Browne hops up and down like an idiot and injures his knee. Bigfoot proceeds to KO an immobile Travis Browne.

So that means you set up Bigfoot/Reem? Not sure why Bigfoot gets all these elite matchups. Perhaps because he is marketable beyond his talents.
It's a showcase fight but Overeem's been out for a while and it's not like he beat the Brock of 08/09, he beat a withered, faded, ruined by a serious illness Brock Lesnar and Bigfoot is still ranked in about the lower end of the top, 8-10 range so it's a plausible match up on that front.

I remember last year after Bigfoot/Fedor and Overeem/Werdum a lot of people were actually picking Bigfoot but he's been trashed twice now and Overeem looked amazing against Brock. This is just a showcase fight for Reem, he'll destroy Bigfoot, people will go "OMG! Overeem vs. dos Santos? I'ma buy dat shit!" and then JDS will do his thing and beat him up.

Bigfoot is just too slow and after he went out and threw a kick first thing against Cain I'm convinced he's a bit of a dumbass as well so this will be a mauling for Reem.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote