MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Chael says Rampage cant beat Ronda.

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
No worries man. Originally I typed up this huge post, then deleted it and went with that one statement that summed up my 1000 word essay

There are situations in the UFC we all hate. Sometimes we need to be reminded of the other side of the coin. While I am not the biggest fan of Chael's personality, I believe we saw the real Chael, the one all the other fighters and trainers talk about, after the second Anderson Silva fight. I bet he is an awesome dude when there isn't a mic or camera on him.

You know, other than laundering money that is.
That is one of the things I find the most frustrating about him. When he "breaks character" and is just being himself he seems like an insightful, respectful and hard working man. I remember Matt Serra going down to Chael's and spending some time with him and having it all on video and it was some pretty good stuff. I have seen tons of other interviews where Chael is being himself without the gimmick. If he didn't have this character he portrayed it would be tough not to like him. But I not only hate the character he created, I hate that he feels he needs to use that character and I hate how he is rewarded for being that character. The interview with Serra he talked about how he respected Paulo Filho for sending him the WEC belt even though technically it wasn't a Championship fight. There are other examples, but when he is being real he can be very pleasant.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote