MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***CARWIN blows knee out. Out of TUF Finale Fight

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #49 (permalink)
deadmanshand
The Internet Prophet

deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
I've been breaking the tedious, unnecessary rules in my job since I started working there 5 years ago and get by just fine. Most people who work there simply don't care, because they know some of the rules enforced are just pointless.

When I say breaking the rules, I don't mean stuff like stealing money or any crap like that, just the really silly, completely unnecessary rules they have in place. If enough people rebel against the silly rules, then the company will look into changing them.
I'm betting your little rules are not ones the government enforces. It keeps the company from being legally liable and the company's have every right to ask you not to partake of illegal, judgement impairing substances while you work for them. Just as you have every right to not comply and then you have every right to fill out your Unemployment paperwork.

If enough people at a job want to rebel against something like what drugs you can take while working there the company isn't going to change it's policies. It's just going to find new non-stoned employees. That is it.

Now I am done. Your side of the argument is skewed at best and I don't feel like debating your unrequited crush Diaz with you again. Even tangentially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket44 View Post
But I get 100% what you're saying. If you sign a contract with the UFC, you know what substances are allowed, and which ones aren't.

However, as much as I don't like Diaz, it's a weird situation that he's in. Pot is legal in California (where he lives) with a medical card (seriously, I wonder how hard those cards are to get though, everyone in Cali seems to have them???), and Diaz has a card. Where things get interesting is the UFC says you can't use it (and also the federal law which allows the feds to raid legal pot shops in California).
Problem is pot is illegal in Nevada - where the fight took place. That is all the Commission looks at. And getting that card is ridiculously easy. You can walk into most doctor's office and damn near ask for one. In Diaz's case it's not really a medical issue. He just likes to get stoned. Every illegal drug gets tested for. They aren't really considered PEDs but they are on the forbidden list anyway. It's an image and safety thing.