Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

I can't believe GSP is fighting this weekend.

3K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  RedRocket44 
#1 ·
It has been so damn long since I've seen him fight. I was watching the fuel event and it had all the promos for GSP vs Condit and it's like I didn't believe it cause it's been so long. Here's hoping that we get a great fight and that GSP gets back to top form. I always appreciate great fighters when they fight regardless of their performance. I think GSP is going to fight one of two ways. I think George will take Condit down just to be cautious for his first fight back or just go balls to the walls to shut everyone up, kinda like how he was motivated after the Serra loss.

CAN"T WAIT!

#15 ·
I have a feeling he pulls off a sub. But not really sure why. I mean he always says he wants ALL the chips on his side. Seems like coming off a year and a half layoff. And knee injury, that he would be even more cautious.

He says after every fight that he is sorry he didn't finish and will get it next time out. Then before each fight he says he is some new and improved version. Seems like that is happening right on que again.

I'm not a Condit fan, but I think he is a tougher finish than most of the guys GSP has fought recently.

If it is a finish I think it will be by armbar or rear naked. I think Condit has good BJJ but it is sort of overrated.

#8 ·
I cannot ******* wait! I am awake at 4:30 a.m right now becuase I can't sleep... because on Saturday when I wake up, I'm getting into my car with my friends and driving to Montreal. I have awesome seats and am beyond excited. Look for the semi intoxicated twenty something year old in the crowd guys ;)

#11 ·
Also going to this event. Montreal is only 20 minutes away from where I live, and this fight is all most people are talking about, lol. I have no delusions... I fully expect a GSP 5 round UD. But the fact is that no one will care because it's going to be 5 rounds of fighting. Carlos isn't going to allow himself to be smothered. If he's on bottom, he's going to be throwing with bad intentions. 5 rounds of good fighting and the fans go home happy.

#12 ·
Also going to this event. Montreal is only 20 minutes away from where I live, and this fight is all most people are talking about, lol. I have no delusions... I fully expect a GSP 5 round UD. But the fact is that no one will care because it's going to be 5 rounds of fighting. Carlos isn't going to allow himself to be smothered. If he's on bottom, he's going to be throwing with bad intentions. 5 rounds of good fighting and the fans go home happy.
Well, to be fair the NHL is locked out. What else is there to get excited about if you're a sports fan? The Craptors?

(I say this as a fan of the team formerly known as the Huskies.)

#14 ·
Yeah he's been out for a long ass time, if he wasn't fighting Condit I'd be rooting for him, but yanno business is business. His performance against Koscheck was masterful.

I just hope that, if he does win, when Anderson gets in the cage to challenge him Georges tells him if he wants some to come to 170, put the bully in his place.

#19 ·
The Spider will be watching intently. Talk about immense pressure. Anderson took on a fight on short notice which could have jeopardized his legacy yet he passed with flying colors and defended his belt twice while GSP was out.

Your move RUSH!

#20 ·
Anderson also took a fight on short notice against a guy who had no shot against him, now he's so terrified of being beat up by Jon Jones he's decided to pick on a smaller fighter coming off a potentially career altering injury.

GSP is also a more complete fighter than Anderson and has never been dominated during his title reign the same way Anderson was against Chael the first time but Anderson could fight at Light Heavyweight full time and that's the only reason he'd beat GSP.

Give me a fight between GSP and Anderson at the same size and Georges owns him all day. GSP is clearly the better pound for pound fighter.

#37 ·
I know what you mean! It was only about a year ago, but his last fight before that was in April. I remember there was about 12-15 of us at my buddies house watching that fight, and it certainly doesn't feel like 19 months ago.

I must say, it's been a long time since I've been this excited for a UFC event. Not only is GSP back, but this card has Stout, Homminick, Hendricks and although I don't want him to win, Condit.

The events for pretty much the better part of over a year have not interested me at all. Either fighters I don't care for, or cards headlined by mis-matches that aren't worth ordering or going out to see. I lost interest for quite a while where I didn't even care to stream events...

Here's to hoping we get some good fights tonight!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.