MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Look for some tps,suggestions.

View Single Post

Old 11-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekulsh View Post
Hmm wrestling , for real i even didnt think wrestling , becous i think first have more control on ground , but i want somthing more with grapling , but maybe i just mistake

And maybe little bit offtopic if i have some over weight then in wrestling wount be some problems with my belly
If you have good wrestling you can control where the fight takes place. That's a problem some BJJ guys have in MMA, they aren't able to get the fight to the ground where they have the advantage. Wrestlers can put strikers on their back where they aren't as comfortable and they can also stay standing vs BJJ guys. Guys like Chuck Liddell used wrestling to avoid being taken down so they could work their standup. IMO wrestling is the best base possible for MMA. Another thing that helps is being in grappling shape and running shape are very different.
Look at guys like Cole Konrad and Daniel Cormier for wrestlers with bellies lol. That won't get in the way. Actually wrestlers are the best people to talk to about cutting weight. So if you ever had to cut weight down the line they would be able to help out alot with that.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote