MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 154: Johny Hendricks 'Definitely' Will Wait for Title Shot if He Wins

View Single Post

Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeKraker View Post
I'm getting tired of these new school guys.. coming in with this bullsh*t "ill just wait" mentality. Its making it hard to watch..

you think Chuck Liddell would of waited? or Mark Coleman? Wanderlei? Couture? Frye?

but no you get guys today like Hendricks, Barao and Condit. who are shit scared of losing. No confidence in them self.

How many PPV's will Condit sell on Saturday?

now how many would it of been if he had 1-2 title defenses with that belt? instead of hiding in a closet clinging to it, because you know you are going to lose it, and don't deserve it in the first place.

guys like Condit. Hendricks. Barao. will Never be legends of the sport, not with that attitude.

Waiting Never works. Take the fight, Win, Move up. if you lose? well maybe you weren't ready to be there yet after all.
It's not about being A "warrior" anymore, if it ever was, it's about being smart.

Can you imagine how Condit or Barao would feel if they went into a fight to defend the interim title and lost because of a grazing elbow forty seconds in that did no damage and the million dollar pay day Condit will be getting on Sunday just all of a sudden vanished? Barao will also get paid when he fights Cruz they might put that on FOX and his sponsors will dish out the cash for sure, what if he fought Mayday and he blew his ACL or something like that during the fight or he got robbed by incompetent judges?

Yeah, this whole "well it's about being a warrior" bullshit is just that, bullshit, I'm sure we've got some parents on here and I assure you, that they understand Condit's reason to wait, to provide for his family and the fat check he gets on Saturday will do that for his wife and son.

Besides, Condit was gonna defend it anyway, remember? Instant rematch with Diaz that went up in smoke(see what I did there) because Nick was too busy toking up days before the fight?

This isn't 2002, it's 2012, there's serious money to be made in MMA, Condit and Barao are completely justified in their decisions. If you wanna get mad at someone go after Dana White and Joe Silva for not making them defend.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote