MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rampage wants to go out with a BANG!

View Single Post

Old 11-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
MagiK11
Resident Drunk

MagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
  • Missed weight for Bader and performed like shit
  • Jones stood with him the whole time.
  • Hamill? Did he even take Page down? They stood for 15 minutes and i don't recall Page being worried about the takedown so it would affect his performance.
  • Machida? Got to be honest, don't remember much but surely Page wasn't the standup monster there as he wants us to believe he is?

His last KO was years ago and his fighting under MMA rules. Time to acknowledge that, stop complaining on and try to keep the fans you have left.

You brought up a lot of great points. Myself I use to like Rampage a lot for his fighting style and spirit. But ever since his lack luster fight with Keith Jardine I found he's been super flat. The Jardine fight was awful from what I can remember, his loss to Rashad was also pretty awful for the amount of smack both those guys talked. In his Lyoto fight, it was tough to call. I'd have to rewatch it, but I remember Lyoto tooling him the last round, but I can't remember if he squeeked by the first two rounds with borging cage clinching. I'll rewatch that fight but I was not impressed at all after the fight with his performance. The his last 3 fights were just awful. The way he is talking about not getting exciting strikers, he needs to stop focusing on them, and focus on his own game because he should have been able to Ko Hamil, could have been more aggressive with jones, and should not have even been in the cage againist Bader with his weight and injury.

So I lost a lot of respect for him. I would hope he STFU, trains hard, and improves his foot work and starts attacking people instead of fighting the way he has been for the past few lackluster years.

1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
MagiK11 is offline   Reply With Quote