MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP/Silva Superfight to Happen

View Single Post

Old 11-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
RedRocket44
Bantamweight

RedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by guycanada View Post
Do Brazilians pay for PPV's?

I think for the biggest reach, it needs to be in Dallas Cowboy Stadium, as others have stated.

Cowboy Stadium

May 4- Open

May 11- Kenny Chesney

May 18 - Open

May 25 - Taylor Swift (and typically the memorial day weekend show in Vegas)

So what better weekend than May 4 (Cinco De Mayo) in Texas! book it before boxing does, they usually have a big PPV, I doubt they would try and compete with Silva/GSP.

Pack on a great PPV card and people will flock!

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/eve...th=5&year=2013

Rogers Center (SkyDome) Toronto

May 4 - (Blue Jays day 5 of a 6 game home-stand)

May 11- Open

May 18 - Open

May 25 - Blue Jays (day 6 of a 9 game home-stand)

http://events.rogerscentre.com/

It's been done, people will probably attend cause of GSP and being a stadium show, but Jon "The Future" Jones has failed twice to bring the hype to Toronto
If it does happen (I say if because it's only Dana saying this to a Canadian sports channel, hours before a Canadian event, before the two fighters have signed a contract, and GSP still needs to beat Condit) I think it happens at the Rogers Centre.

Cowboys stadium is a big risk -- will 55,000-60,000 Americans go to see a Canadian and Brazilian? They would need to load the rest of the card up with quality American fighters to make it sell out I think. If an American on the main card / co-main even goes down with an injury, that could spell disaster for the event. Just look back at some attendance numbers from numbered PPVs in the USA, they haven't sold out an arena show in a while, and they are in some cases giving out 1000s of free tickets to inflate attendance numbers.

If it's done in Toronto, they could sell 60,000 tickets even if it was just GSP/Silva on the card.

For some reason I don't see it happening in Brazil -- the Rogers Centre is the safe choice.

Last edited by RedRocket44 : 11-16-2012 at 10:32 PM.
RedRocket44 is offline   Reply With Quote