MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Thought regarding The UFC announcing fighters turning down fights?

View Single Post

Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
RedRocket44
Bantamweight

RedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK11 View Post
This is something that bugged me a few times because I can put myself in the fighters positions, lets say I was a fighter and I turned down a fight, I might not want the UFC telling the media I turned it down.

My reasons for turning down the fight could be personal such as a family matter, it could be a nagging injury and so on.

I just don't feel like Dana White or any other UFC emmployee ohter than the fighter or their management team should be informing the media that they turned down a fight. All those negotiations should remain behind closed doors unless the fighter wants to air it out in the open.

I'm only mentioning this because once again Dana came out and said Kongo turned down the fight with Roy, and it rubs me the wrong way.

What are your thoughts on it?
I'm with you.

In a perfect world this probably wouldn't happen, but Dana is ultimately a promoter, and will use whatever tactics he can to get the fights he wants.

He's also the type of guy that wouldn't think twice about throwing you under the bus if you've pissed him off, and then you turn down a fight.
RedRocket44 is offline   Reply With Quote