MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP/Silva Superfight to Happen

View Single Post

Old 11-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
evzbc
Bantamweight

evzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Actually, none of these guys should be fighting at all, Anderson needs to do his job and defend his belt. Anderson is the one whose pushing for this fight, GSP has said a thousand times he wants to focus on 170.

But the difference is, GSP has never fought outside of 170 in the UFC, Anderson has gone up to Light Heavyweight three times and he's won all three fights in the first round by KO. So if one of these Super Fights does happen, why shouldn't it be between the Light Heavyweight Champion and the guy whose gone up to Light Heavyweight three times and stopped a former Champ who was ranked in the top five at the time?

I'll tell you why, Anderson knows he'd end up on his back and he'd bleed and he'd have no answer for Jones and he'd get pounded out, so now he wants to build his legacy and pick on a guy 15 lbs lighter than him.
Dude it's supply and demand. It's not like Anderson has been pushing for this fight for years. It's GSP fans literally think their favorite fighter stands a chance against the GOAT, so Dana wants to give the fans what they want.

So when Anderson is like "Ok, I'll do it", people are like "He's picking on the lighter guy, what a cheater!!!".

As an Anderson fan, I don't need this fight to happen. I know what will happen. I DO think Jones is an actual challenge but realistically, at his age, he doesn't really have anything left to prove.

And picking a side for these superstars ...it's all sematics.

Anderson hasn't beaten top quality opponents...

GSP got knocked out by Matt Serra and doesn't finish fights...

Jon Jones has beaten has beens and smaller fighters...

You can make any of them sound less impressive. But if we as fight fans get to see any of them fight, then we're all winners.

I just don't trust what Dana White says these days. Didn't he literally JUST say that Silva would fight Bones in 2013???
evzbc is offline   Reply With Quote