MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 16 discussion

View Single Post

Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #99 (permalink)
Stapler
Super Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
Colton had a good performance against a solid guy on the ground in Igor. Colton has actually grown on me this season since his little problem in his qualifying fight with the glove touch.

I'm actually surprised, a guy with such limited experience in professional MMA has been getting his fights against MMA veterans with a lot of experience and he's been winning. Ellis is 18-15, Igor is 22-6, while Colton is just 3-1. The experience he's getting against these guys should benefit him a lot. The fact that he is winning is just the icing.

I was impressed with his ground game. Igor has very good BJJ and tried to create scrambles, sweeps, and submission opportunities many times, but Colton would just shrug them off and roll with it and maintain top position. His ground and pound was decent. He used it when it was safe too, but he was smart enough to know not to go crazy with it considering Igor could have gotten a chance for a submission. Knowing that at his age and with his limited experience is good.

Some people may not have liked that fight, but I actually enjoyed it. Some good ground work and ground and pound displayed, and every time Igor would roll at an attempt for a sweep or a submission, I'd wonder if Colton would once again shrug it off and maintain the dominant position.

It was a very good fight in my opinion.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote