MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP/Silva Superfight to Happen

View Single Post

Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #52 (permalink)
RedRocket44
Bantamweight

RedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by evzbc
I'm sticking to the first things I said.... it's supply and demand.

GSP has WAY more fans than JBJ. And while you and I both know that Jonathan vs Anderson is the fight that SHOULD happen, GSP vs Anderson will sell more. And let's be realistic, it's still a SICK fight.
Well at least we can agree that Silva / Jones is the fight that should happen.

Silva/GSP will sell more, and if it's done in Toronto, Dana can get away with ridiculous ticket prices as well. If you look at the official numbers from the Rogers Centre show, the total gate was 12,075,000 USD with an attendance of 55,724 (average price of 216.69 USD).

A Silva/JBJ fight would likely take place in Brazil, and looking at Silva/Sonnen 2 numbers, the average ticket price was around 150-155 USD.

The obvious money is also in the PPV buy rates. Events with GSP are typically close to 1 million buys, with Silva and Jones around 400 or 500 thousand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evzbc
Jons is also tied up with Chael Sonnen. So if you feel strongly that Anderson shouldn't fight GSP, I wonder how you feel about Sonnen vs Bones...
Don't even get me going - that fight shouldn't even count towards Bones win record / title defenses. I might as well get in the cage with him...
RedRocket44 is offline   Reply With Quote