MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP/Silva Superfight to Happen

View Single Post

Old 11-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #58 (permalink)
fightfan76
Amateur

fightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by evzbc View Post
I'm sticking to the first things I said.... it's supply and demand.

GSP has WAY more fans than JBJ. And while you and I both know that Jonathan vs Anderson is the fight that SHOULD happen, GSP vs Anderson will sell more. And let's be realistic, it's still a SICK fight.

Jons is also tied up with Chael Sonnen. So if you feel strongly that Anderson shouldn't fight GSP, I wonder how you feel about Sonnen vs Bones...
I am not really interested outside of seeing Sonnen get wrecked.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket44 View Post

The obvious money is also in the PPV buy rates. Events with GSP are typically close to 1 million buys, with Silva and Jones around 400 or 500 thousand.
I actually believe the 2 together pitted against 1 another could rival or maybe even surpass that number. In all honesty, we do not really know which pairing would generate the most sales/ppv buys but I believe Jones/Silva might actually do better.....

Last edited by fightfan76 : 11-17-2012 at 03:34 PM.
fightfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote