MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Georges St-Pierre vs. Carlos Condit Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #304 (permalink)
TanyaJade
Welterweight

TanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World Renown
Fightmetric is saying Condit outlanded St. Pierre by 20 strikes but that St. Pierre landed more than twice the number of significant strikes that Condit did. Interesting.

I really enjoyed this fight. St. Pierre looked really good coming off of a layoff and a career threatening injury. Condit was also very, very game even thought he was on his back most of the night. I jumped out of my seat when he knocked GSP down with that headkick in the third but was equally impressed with St. Pierre's ability to recover from it and take back control of the fight. As always, I loved watching St. Pierre grind from the guard. His ground and pound is wonderful to watch.

Still, watching this fight made me think even more that Anderson wouldn't have that much of a problem with St. Pierre. The size difference and the striking advantage are noticable.

Faber - Franklin - Velasquez - Hunt - Machida - Condit
Credit to M.C. for the sig!
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote