MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Georges St-Pierre vs. Carlos Condit Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #339 (permalink)
NoYards
Flyweight

NoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
This is MMA, not wrestling. People get that mixed up sometimes, I know. Even the people who make the rules. And I don't blame the fighters who go by these rules, I blame the system.
The first "M" in MMA doesn't stand for 'Striking', it stands for "Mixed'... since wrestling is one of the 'Martial Arts" in the MIX it deserves just as much respect in regard to determinng the winner as any other aspect of a recognized Martial Art.

You may have a personal preference for some other aspect of MIXED Martial Arts, but that doesn't mean that the judges are making mistakes, or that the system is to blame, it just means you don't understand what MMA actually means.

Go watch a boxing match, or a Muay Thai match if you don't think wrestling should play any part in deciding the outcome.

I can't believe I actually had to explain this!!!! Wasn't there a sticky thread somewhere that explained this basic shit to noobs?

Last edited by NoYards : 11-18-2012 at 01:02 PM.
NoYards is offline   Reply With Quote