MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP/Silva Superfight to Happen

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #121 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Maia and Marquardt made 170. Who's to say Silva can't? He's tall, but his body is built for going up and down in weight. Granted there's his age. Anyway, we're all jumping the gun. Just because GSP shied away from talks of a super-fight after a nearly 18 month layoff and what I can only assume was a very painful bout with Carlos Condit doesn't mean he won't consider the matter in a few weeks, a month, or what-have-you. I might not be so quick to talk about facing the number one striker in MMA whilst I currently look and feel like I just went through a car windshield either.
Hendo and Sonnen can't make 185 anymore. Or at least without it hurting their performance. When you get old it is harder on the body to shed that weight. He may be able to make the weight. But what is the point of a superfight if 1 guy is going to kill himself to make a weight?

I think a catch is perfectly fair. If they met at 178 or 180 I don't think Anderson would be anymore than 10-12 lbs heavier on fight night.

Perhaps Anderson will just defend a couple more times at 185 then retire. His time is coming to a close.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote