MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hugely over emphasising top control and why it's become the norm in MMA

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sports_Nerd
Featherweight

Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
I agree that the top position is over emphasized in MMA.

That wasn't the case in GSP vs Condit though.

Power in striking comes from your core. Muscles that a fighter posturing up from the top can bring into play, but that a fighter throwing elbows off his back generally can't.

I personally scored the fight 49-46, but I can definitely understand a 50-45 score. GSP was winning the striking battle, got caught, took some damage on the ground, got up, got the takedown, and did some damage on the ground. He imposed his skillset for most of that round, despite being put on rubber legs.

Your last 3 paragraphs are too stupid to respond to.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote