MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Georges St-Pierre vs. Carlos Condit Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #365 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Middleweight

MMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
I'm not knocking GSP here, I know he came to fight and he did. I'm just saying that I think Carlos did more damage from the bottom than GSP did from the top and the reason GSP won was because of his top control. I even counted strikes on the ground in the later rounds and every round I come up with numbers that favor Condit. Even in this system right now I think you have to give 3 and 4 to Condit.
Strikes from the top will always score more and this is simply fair for the following reason: Nobody goes to a fight with a gameplan to strike from the bottom(strike I said, not sub).

GSP intended to stay on top and land strikes to the end so his plan worked.
In the other hand, Condit, although active, was kept in a position he did not want to be and he was unable to revert that decisively. So the strikes he landed from the bottom, although hurting GSP, were depicting his frustration, his inability to get up and highlighting the fact he was being overwhelmed. His strikes were plan B and would never finish GSP.

Who ever controls the fight and hold opponents down will be the winner in MMA and that's not about to change. Frustrating for some fighters and fans, but reality.
If strikes from the bottom were to score more points, Anderson would not have to worry about submitting Sonnen in their first bout, based in the carpaccio he turned Sonnen's face to by his strikes from the bottom.
Believe me, Anderson did not have a mark on his face after 4.5 rounds under Sonnen, but that was not the position he wanted to be, while Sonnen was in the exactly dominant position he wanted, throwing pillow punches, yes, but attacking anyway. So Anderson knew he needed to finish to win. Then he did...

Winners and Losers

Story of My Life

Last edited by MMA-Sportsman : 11-18-2012 at 07:13 PM.
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote